It’s easy to get stuck in a routine of living together but not really living and enjoying life together. Spring means that it is ALMOST time for summer, our favorite season! Plus, there are so many good date ideas for spring! So Bridget and I love coming up with some incredible date ideas. Below you’ll find our top 37 incredible spring date ideas!
THE 37 BEST SPRING DATE IDEAS
1. Get up at 5 am on a Saturday to hit up local yard sales. Wear baseball hats and fanny packs and bring a lot of quarters. Bonus points if they’re matching fanny packs. – Erica
2. Binge Watch a TV Show on Netflix.. Pick a show to binge watch together if you know you’re going to be spending a lot of time indoors together this season. – Lena and Bassam
3. Take a Romantic Drive. Drive to a nearby lake to watch the sun set, then gaze at the stars and at each other! The only requirement is the two of you and a vehicle to get there! – Stephanie
4. Go to a Farmer’s Market. Spend the day picking out fresh produce at the farmer’s market together, then go home and cook a dinner for two with what you’ve just bought. – Donella
5. Dinner on the patio. Head to a busy downtown location and ask to be seated outside. Enjoy a night of people watching while everyone emerges outside after winter and take dinner extremely slow. – Camille
6. Get Moving & Get Fit – Spring is the perfect time to get those heart rates up and enjoy some special time with your spouse! We will rotate different activities to keep it fresh and fun. Because we are both competitive by nature, we also like to get a little competitive at times having a “prize” for the winner! – Mike and Carlie
7. Rent or borrow a boat for the afternoon. Rowboat, power boat, or canoe – as long as it’s out on the water and just the two of you. – Lisa
8. Attend a Sporting Event. Spring and baseball just go together – especially in my family. Go to a local high school or college baseball game and enjoy the atmosphere (maybe even a hot dog) – Marquis
9. Take a Staycation. Stay at a local B&B or Inn & take in the sites of your town like a tourist. – Giustina
10. Hit Up a Karaoke Bar. If it works for co-worker bonding, it’s worth a try for a fun stranger date. It’s more about enjoying the moment and showing a little more of your personality. – Marie Claire
11. Volunteer. Not only is this date free, but working together will also improve your relationship as well as the lives of whoever you’re volunteering for. That’s a win-win for everyone. – Brit+Co
12. Amusement Park. One good thing about relationships is you can be silly and crazy in front of your partner. So take the opportunity and spend the day crazy-faced screaming down some coasters. – JLB Wedding
13. Make your own fondue. For an at-home dinner date option, you might try making your own fondue. –Afortus
14. Watch a romantic sunset. I love combining this one with a picnic. Head just out of town, find a great location, and enjoy a romantic night of dining and watching the sun go down. – Camile
15. After Hours Ice Cream Party. I have to admit, I have been guilty of indulging on a sweet snack after everyone goes to bed. – Dating Divas
16. Go Horseback Riding. Saddle up to this date idea! Grab your relationship by the reins and go horseback riding for the day. – Brian
17. Organize a Scavenger Hunt. Have the clues relate to milestones in your relationship or lead to spots from your previous dates together. – Bustle
18. Escape the room. There are Escape the Room locations in many major cities, so just do a little Googling to find a location near you.
19. Have a food truck marathon. Commit to eating only food truck food for the day and knock off a handful of bucket list destinations from your list.
20. Host a roof top happy hour. Raise a glass to the warming weather and longer days with an at-home happy hour session on your roof.
21. Go wine tasting. Wine bars are becoming more popular across the country, and a number of restaurants also offer flights of wine for tastings.
22. Take dance lessons. If you are looking for something one-off, there are likely bars and restaurants near you that offer salsa classes earlier in the evening, before all the real dancing gets started.
23. The $20 date. The goal is to not to spend more than $20.
24. Volunteer together. Volunteer together at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, or a local convalescent home.
25. Take a hike. The weather is warming up so grab your partners hand and get hiking!
26. Visit a beer garden. Pair beer with foods while outdoor enjoying a gorgeous scenery!
27. Browse open houses. Spend the day going to open houses.
28. Go to a hover park. This one’s a newer concept, but hover parks are up and coming!
29. Take a boxing class together. Not your typical date, get the endorphins flowing taking a boxing class together.
30. Work on a DIY project. Look through Pinterest for a project, and then execute it together.
31. Go to the zoo. Stroll through the local zoo admiring everything from the tigers to penguins while getting to know each other.
32. Recreate the First Date. If you went to a movie, rent the same movie. If you went out for dinner, go back to the same restaurant or make the dish that you ate at home.
33. Watch the sunrise together. Get up early, curl up together, and watch the sunrise.
34. Go ice skating. You don’t have to an Olympian to have fun on an ice skating date.
35. Bake a cake. Or cupcakes, or brownies, or cookies! Any activity that also involves eating makes for a great date.
36. Groupon Date. With everything from sweet deals on dinners for two at awesome restaurants to half-off massages for two, there’s a plethora of fun things to do at a fraction of the cost.
37. Go to a bonfire. All you need is a bag of chips with dip and two beach chairs.
Let us know your incredible spring date ideas! We’d love to hear from you, comment below or send Flipping Hitched a message here!
Trey and Bridget